Implementing Yoga in Physical Education
Developed by Jennifer Thiede and Teresa Lake
Hosted by Yoga By Degrees Elmhurst
This program is designed to teach physical education teachers how to add a yoga program to their curriculum. During this 20 hour workshop, you will learn how to confidently lead and teach a multi-level traditional yoga class modified to suit physical education curriculum, needs, environment, and standards. Yoga classes offered in Physical Education can give students the tools they need to build confidence and self esteem, relieve stress and anxiety, and practice the 5 health related fitness components throughout their lives.
The training includes:
- How to teach and give modifications of basic postures
- Partner and group poses
- Breathing exercises
- Lesson planning tools
- Understanding the benefits of yoga
- Learning different styles of yoga
- Alignment strategies
- Examples of yoga as a course/unit curriculum in a high school physical education program
Who should attend?
- Physical Education and Health Education Teachers
- Yoga instructors wishing to offer a yoga program for teens
- School counselors and social workers
- School teachers wanting to incorporate yoga in their classes
Yoga By Degrees
1042 S. York St.
Elmhurst, IL 60126
- Monday 7/16 5:30-9:30
Saturday 7/21 9-5
Monday 7/23 5:30-9:30
- 4 home practice hours
$400 for a group of two or more
Details to Know:
Space is limited! Payment can be in the forms of cash, check, or pay with credit card at Yoga By Degrees or over the phone 630-690-9642. Once this is received, your spot will be held and you will receive confirmation.
Did you know… Many of our attendees have been able to get financial support from their districts!
Upon completion of the 20 hour workshop, you will receive a certificate of participation. CPDUs may be available through your employer or credentialing organization. As each credentialing organization has their own requirements, you should confirm with them that your training hours will apply toward your degree or continuing education requirements. Application for accreditation from these organizations is your responsibility.
- Email completed questions from registration form (see below) to: Jennifer@yogabydegrees.net
- Send payment, if paying by check, to: Yoga by Degrees, Attn: Jennifer Thiede – 1042 S. York Rd, Elmhurst, IL 60126
- Please be sure to write: “Implementing Yoga For Physical Education”, the session start date and student(s) name(s) in the memo section of the check.
If you prefer to pay with a credit card or cash, please specify that when you email your registration and Jennifer will call you to make payment arrangements.
Pricing information is located at the bottom of this page. Space is limited! The last day to register is one week prior to the start date of the session you are attending. (two weeks prior to get the early bird discount!) and no refunds will be given one week or less prior to the start date of your session. Once your registration and payment is received, your spot will be held and you will receive email confirmation.
Questions? Contact Jennifer@yogabydegrees.net or call (847)722-3429
Registration Form: Implementing Yoga In Physical Education – A 3- Day Training
Training date attending:___________________________________
City: ______________________State: ______Zip:___________
School/Organization/Grade you teach: ______________________/_________________________
Please √ if Yoga Experience: Yes: ___________ No: ____________
Please √ your gender: Female: __________ Male: ______________
Interested in teaching as a full or part time career or looking to deepen your overall knowledge about yoga? Click Here to learn about YBD’s 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Certification Program.