February is here! And, since it’s a special month of love & a leap year, we’re dedicating the month to a favorite heart-opener: Anjaneyasana!
- From runner’s lunge, untuck your back toes and ground down onto your knee
- Inhale to lift your arms up overhead, rotating your pinky fingers in toward each other
- Adjust your low lunge so that your front bent knee is stacked directly over your ankle
- Draw your tailbone down toward the ground as your soften the weight of your body int your hips for a nice stretch along the front thigh and groin
- Option to pin your shoulder blades together and lead with your gaze and fingertips for a deeper heart-opening backbend
Benefits of Anjaneyasana:
- Stretches hamstrings, psoas, groin, and hips
- Strengthens quads and glutes
- Can relieve sciatica pain or discomfort
- Improves balance, concentration, and core awareness
- Ignites heart chakra and a lovely sensation in the chest and abdomen
Invigorate your body and mind with a lunge and a bend, and as your heart expands, send all of your love to someone who needs it most!