Back to the Monday grind! Yahoooooooooooo! I’ve heard that a Sunday well spent brings a week of content more than a handful of times, and my current energy levels couldn’t prove it more true after particularly lovely Sunday. It’s easy when the weather’s absolutely perfect and spring fever starts kicking in to have productive days that lead to productive evenings, but lately I’ve been doing that crawl-into-a-corner-in-shame kind of reflection over the evening routine I’ve fallen into that goes kind of like this: Get home, binge watch Netflix while eating dinner, sleep. Literally nothing in between. Maybe you’re thinking…so uhhhh, what’s wrong with that? And with so many entertaining shows to choose from this month, I can hardly blame us. But try this new mindful evening routine on for fit, and maybe you’ll be as pleasantly surprised as I was:
- Make your space fresh: Light a candle, burn some incense, or diffuse essential oils. In the earlier evening hours, stick with something energizing to motivate, and before bed, calm down your senses with a soothing lavender or grounding blend.
- Cook a meal from scratch: Ask friends for a favorite recipe as a bonus!
- Take up a hobby that allows you to disengage from social media and TV: Knitting, crafting, brewing your own batch of kombucha, a new DIY piece of furniture?
- Read for at least 20 minutes.
- Record the day’s blessings, or start a gratitude journal.