It’s officially the first month of summer, and there’s lots to celebrate. Later in the month, we’re honoring the summer solstice with 108 sun salutations at the Glen Ellyn Studio, and today we give you our pose of the month: the strengthening, heart-opening Reverse Plank!
- From Dandasana, place your palms six inches behind your seat with fingertips facing forward
- Release your breath and then press your palms and feet into the ground
- Lift your hips high without squeezing your glutes so tight
- Press your shoulder blades against the back of your torso to energetically lift your chest
- Option to drop your head back
Benefits of Reverse Plank:
- Strengthens arms, wrists, and legs
- Builds core strength
- Stretches shoulders, chest, and front ankles
Give this one a try. Lift and shine!