It’s hard to believe it’s true, but we’re in the thick of the summer already, so poses that are energizing and fulfilling for the entire body are where it’s at! This month, we’re offering a kaleidoscope of warrior II variations. A strong warrior II requires an even stronger foundation, which often has us focusing on the set-up and strength in our legs. With these variations, we’ll keep the hamstrings happy while giving the shoulders, upper back, and wrists something to smile about.
Building on your Warrior II:
- Get low in your stance and trust yourself to sink down to stimulate active hamstrings
- Keeping a solid foundation in your legs, experiment walking your fingertips forward, pausing to linger in the pose when your knee starts caving forward – energize it back!
- Crawl your hands back, and then switch it up by coming up to your tip toe in your lunge
- Criss-cross your arms and point your fingertips toward each other
- Press into your palms to stretch your wrists and forearms
- Come into a cat back to stretch and strengthen your upper back and shoulders while you’re there
Benefits of Warrior II Variations:
- Stretches inner thighs, groin, and knees
- Stretches wrists and forearms
- Strengthens upper back and shoulders
- Encourages a strong mind-body connection