Good morning and happy Monday, mindful ones!
Let’s talk about miracles! I totally, 💯 percent, without a shred of doubt in my mind or body, believe in miracles!
That’s a pretty bold statement; but it’s totally true. Well, what is a miracle?
According to the Dictionary:
• a surprising and welcome event that is not explicable by natural or scientific laws and is therefore considered to be the work of a divine agency.
• a highly improbable or extraordinary event, development, or accomplishment that brings very welcome consequences.
• an amazing product or achievement, or an outstanding example of something.”a machine which was a miracle of design”
According to me:
It is when the seemingly impossible happens!
• It’s when doctors have given up on a sick child and for no scientific reason, that child gets well.
• It’s when you’re down to your last dollar, have piles of bills to be paid, and a check arrives in the mail from some unknown source or an opportunity arrives out of seemingly nowhere. (This literally happens to me almost every single month!)
• It’s when a huge natural disaster hits and you are somehow spared in the midst of it.
• It’s on 9/11 and you stop to buy cigarettes before going to your job in the World Trade Center, and smoking saved your life.
• It’s when a child is born and you can’t believe how exquisitely miniature this new life appears.
• It’s when my brother was in Mumbai on business back in 2008 and his associate talked him into having one more drink before heading back to his hotel which was attacked by terrorists at that exact moment. Drinking literally saved his life!
• It’s watching the sunset on a deserted beach in Hawaii filled with a sense of awe and wonder and the deepest feeling of gratitude.
• It’s when you’ve prayed for a specific purpose and that prayer is answered.
• It’s when there is no earthly reason something wonderful has happened.
• It’s the sun rising and setting each and every day.
Miracles take place everyday. Sometimes they’re very subtle and quiet, sweeping in like a touch on the face. Other times, it’s very evident and public. It doesn’t matter who you are, miracles can and do happen to all of us!
If you take a moment to pause and reflect, you’ll start to see all of the wonderful miracles that have happened in your life.
Have a miraculous Monday, friends!