Happy February, oh dearest ones!
Do you want to feel like a superstar? Then this pose is for you!
Five pointed star pose or utthita tadasana is a heart opening and very grounding asana.
The five pointed star yoga pose facilitates deep breathing, improves posture and encourages joy. And when we do it in a squad, we feel both confident and connected to the earth and one another.
1. From a standing position, step your feet out wide with feet either parallel or toes pointing slightly outward.
2. Extend your arms out wide at shoulder-height or slightly higher with your palms facing forward. Your feet and wrists should be about the same distance apart; adjust your stance if needed.
3. Drive down through your heels and straighten your legs fully, but do not lock or hyperextend your knees. Ground your feet firmly into the earth, pressing evenly across all four corners of both feet.
4. Draw the tops of your thighs up and back, engaging the quadriceps. Tuck in your tailbone slightly, but don’t round your lower back. Lift the back of your thighs, but release your buttocks.
5. Bring your pelvis to its neutral position. Do not let your front hip bones point down or up. Instead, point them straight forward. Draw your belly in slightly.
6. As you inhale, elongate through your torso. Exhale and release your shoulder blades away from your head, toward the back of your waist.
7. Spread your fingers and reach out energetically through your fingertips as you broaden across your collarbones. ￼
8. Press your shoulder blades toward the back ribs, but don’t squeeze them together. Keep your arms straight, fingers extended, and triceps firm. Allow your inner arms to rotate slightly outward.
9. Lengthen your neck. Your ears, shoulders, and hips should all be in one line.
10. Keep your breath smooth and even. With each exhalation, feel your body elongating in all directions: Up, down, left, right, forward, and backward. Softly gaze forward toward the horizon.
This is one of those poses you can do whenever you need a boost of energy or a shot of confidence!