Kelly O’Halloran, is a recent graduate of our YBD Teacher Training program & one cool cat to get to know! 🐾🐾
1. When & how did you come to yoga yourself?
In 2012 I started strength training regularly and I knew I needed to increase my flexibility, but I never made the time for it. I started going to traditional heated yoga classes as a way to stretch, sweat and hold myself accountable. I then found yoga sculpt and fell in love because I was familiar with all the movements. Through sculpt, I learned the importance of linking breath with movement. Soon after, I started taking vinyasa classes and have not stopped since!
2. What made you decide to start teaching (or take TT)?
I constantly found myself influencing friends and family to start taking yoga classes for their overall health. I have always been interested in the physical benefits of yoga but I wanted to dive deeper into the mental and spiritual practice. It took me a few years to finally sign up for teacher training but I am so happy I did.
3. Favorite yoga pose: forward fold
5. Tips for beginners (or advanced yogis maybe): I always try to encourage mindful breathing!! If you are taking mindful, intentional breaths, you are practicing yoga.
6. Favorite quote: “Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance” – Eckhart Tolle
7. Instagram name: kellyocakes <—Give her a follow! https://www.instagram.com/kellyocakes/
8. Interesting fact about you: I have two Bengal cats 🐾🐾
9. Regular teaching schedule: Day/Time/Format/Location
Monday’s 6pm level 1 Wheaton
Thursday’s 6pm level 1 Wheaton
10. When I am not doing yoga I like to;
Cook, create and make skin care products, snowboard, strength train, health coach, spend time with family and friends