Never heard of her? Formally known as Andrea B! 👰 (Congratulations to Andrea & Brad on your recent wedding!)
1) How did you find yoga?
I, like so many people started with a “free week” in Wheaton about 7 years ago. At the time I was focusing all my fitness energy on lifting and running. I took a couple of regular yoga classes, and then i tried sculpt with Fiona; and I was absolutely hooked! It’s taken time for me to be able to settle my mind and be able to practice vinyasa and even restorative, but sculpt was a love for the beginning!
2) When did you decide to to take Teacher Training?
I decided I wanted to start teaching because of Fiona. I was almost exclusively taking her classes, the workout was fun and effective and her energy just contagious. I wanted to make people feel how she made me feel when class was over.
3) What is your favorite yoga pose?
My favorite yoga pose is half moon. It was such a challenge for me to get over my ego and use props. That was the pose that it just clicked. Using props does not mean your yoga practice is less than the person next to you. I had a teacher put a block under my hand in half moon and my alignment completely changed. The block improved my pose, it wasn’t a crutch, it was a tool.
4) Who inspires you?
A lot of my fitness inspiration comes from my mom. She’s been in a wheelchair since she was 14, yet nothing holds her back. She is at the gym 5+ days a week always getting it done. Anyone working hard, working out of their comfort zone to change their life and their body inspires me. So many of my students inspire me as well, watching someone take their first class and then stick with it for months and seeing how their energy and lives have changed; the transformation is beyond inspiring.
5) Try new classes! Try ALL the classes! I had no intention when I first started at ybd of taking restorative or regularly practicing yoga. But i am so so glad I forced myself to do it. There is something to be learned and gained from every single format. Try new teachers too, we have such an amazing community and everyone has something different to offer.
6) Favorite quote:
“Though she be but little, she is fierce!” Shakespeare
7) How do we find you on social media?
8) I’m married, to a man that’s never done yoga haha
9) Monday 9:00 DG sculpt
Tuesday 6am fusion DG
930 sculpt Elmhurst
Wednesday 8 sculpt WS
930 fusion WS
430 sculpt GE
615pm sculpt Wheaton
Thursday 6am fusion WS
930am sculpt WS
430 Hiit Pilates GE
715 Hiit Pilates Wheaton
Friday 9am dg sculpt
12pm Hiit Pilates WS
Saturday 9am Sculpt Wheaton
10) When I’m not doing yoga I like to spend time with my HUSBAND, family and friends. We like to go out to eat, we play a lot of games, and we watch way too much Netflix! I’m a summer person so when it’s cold, you’ll find me hiding inside, but come summer you can’t keep me in!