Jill knows the importance of pushing yourself physically & giving your body time to rest. Both on & off the mat Jill is a leader who connects with her students on a real level. She has an attitude that will brighten your day & allow you to see how strong you really are – inside & out! Unroll your mat with Jill one Sunday morning (or in one of the MANY classes she subs throughout the week) & merge your workout with your workIN!
1. When & how did you come to yoga yourself? I discovered my love for yoga about 6 years ago while I was going through a transitional period in my life. My friend, Nikki, suggested I take Loreta’s class with her and I fell in love with yoga.
2. What made you decide to start teaching (or take TT)? I am a Dean at a high school and wanted to implement yoga in some way. After teacher training at YBD I started an alternative to detention yoga program with our restorative justice team. I always loved taking HIIT/Pilates with Carole and trained for that as well and was really excited to teach it.
3. Favorite yoga pose: Savasana
4. Who inspires your teaching? There are so many instructors that inspire my teaching at YBD. I try to learn a little every time I take a class.
5. Tips for beginners (or advanced yogis maybe): Keep going! Some of it may seem difficult at first, but it is so exciting to see what you can accomplish if you continue your practice.
6. Favorite quote:🌈 “Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud” Maya Angelou 🌈
7. Instagram name: jilllupescu
8. When I am not doing yoga I like to; Spend time with my family and friends. I enjoy running, biking, concerts, or anything that puts me outdoors.