This is our final POTM not only for 2019, but for the entire decade!
Our December 2019 pose is Malasana or Garland Pose, sometimes simply called a yogi squat.
I love closing the year with such a grounding and stabilizing pose!
Let’s do it!
1. Start in a standing position with feet mat with distance apart and hips externally rotated with heels in and toes turning outward.
2. Draw your hands to heart center as you bend your knees and lower your hips toward the earth.
3. Rock your weight back and forward a few times until you find stability and balance.
4. Drive your feet into the earth, wrap your core around your spinal cord, slurp your belly off your upper thighs and lift out of your waistline.
5. You’ll feel Apana vayu, the downward and outward flow of energy stabilizing as you experience ￼￼￼￼￼￼Prana vayu through the upforce of energy lifting through your spine.
6. Placed your palms together at heart center and use your elbows to pry your hips open even wider.
7. Other variations include expanding chest by grounding one hand and reaching in opposition with the other hand.