Good morning and happy Monday, friends!
Well we’re quickly sliding into the holiday season and wrapping up the end of 2018.
This week, carve out some contemplative time to ask yourself the questions listed below.
Find a quiet, comfortable space where you will have no interruptions. Your favorite meditation spot or even all cozy in your bed are both excellent places. Just somewhere that has great energy and brings you peace.
Have your journal or a notebook nearby to jot down any thoughts and ideas that surface.
It will serve you to jot the questions down ahead of time, so that you can leave your phone in another room to really be distraction-free.
Before you begin, close your eyes and take several long, deep inhales and exhales to calm your mind and help you focus.
1. So far, what kind of year has 2018 been for me? Why?
2. What are some of my accomplishments and successes this year? In my work/career? Personal growth? Relationships? Any other areas?
3. Where have I learned some major lessons? Keep in mind, the biggest lessons are learned through perceived “failures” or “setbacks.”
4. With a full two months still ahead, how will I take advantage of this gift of time to complete any projects or goals that I set for myself this year?
5. Looking forward a bit to 2019, what are some seeds I want to plant now to see grow to fruition next year?
With this information, create some clear affirmations for yourself to stay focused and aligned with what’s important to you.
Also, create a plan to take just five minutes each morning and evening to quietly meditate on your affirmations.
Make sure you schedule your yoga practices with yourself for the remainder of the year and plan to stick as closely as possible to your much needed self-tending time. When things start to amp up, you’ll certainly feel much more grounded and stable!
Remember, you can handle anything that comes your way with grace and composure when you tend to yourself first and foremost! With that being said, also be flexible so that you don’t miss out on all of life’s fun surprises and tiny moments.
Make it a great week, friends!