Good morning and Happy Monday, mindful one!
Would you like to know the secret to happiness?
Super simple, right?
You seem disappointed.
Well, it’s certainly not EASY! Who likes easy, anyway? We’re here for maximum growth and transformation! And that kind of magical stuff is never, ever as boring and mundane as … easy.
The truth is our natural state of being is one of happiness. Pure, sublime, delicious and simple happiness.
Here are the top ten ways that we give away our happiness every day. Relinquishing our own power and control of our life experiences. (Seems so insane when you think of it like that, right?)
1. Choosing to be unhappy rather than happy.
2. Fear of anything, especially of being a radiant, shiny rockstar or of falling in love over and over and over again.
3. Waiting for everything to be “just right” and in “perfect order” before jumping off that bridge.
4. Getting caught up in silly, irrelevant trivialities
5. Worrying what others will think and seeking validation from others
6. Attaching happiness to anything external, like: the weather (friendly reminder that you live in the Midwest amidst FOUR seasons); how other people drive, look, breathe, think, and live their lives; life unfolding in its own perfection and timetable
7. Focusing on what you don’t have rather than being eternally grateful for all you DO HAVE right now
8. Thinking of all the different ways things might go wrong rather than trusting and believing that everything is RIGHT, especially the detours and the so-called setbacks
9. Wasting even a single precious second on self-doubt. Please see #2
10. Cultivating negativity in thoughts, words and actions.
Ok, my little dove, go forth and soar like the radiant, creative, gorgeous being we all know you are.
Have a great week, friends!